Thursday, July 31, 2008

the piece not really for the TFP [painted]

I painted this piece the other day.

______________________________________________


I'm sure many of you are fans of filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki.

I'm also sure many of you have heard of the Totoro Forest Project.

I wasn't involved in the TFP but I made this piece in honor of it.

I love Totoro and just couldn't help doing a piece in honor of what the TFP is trying to accomplish.

Above is just the drawing. There's been a lot left to get together and projects to get in order before we hoist our flag at Comic-Con (small press booth M10!) so I haven't gotten the time to finish the painting yet.

* * *

I think my introduction to Totoro was the video store near us growing up. In the kids section there was an old, faded, sundrenched VHS tape of My Neighbor Totoro. I'm not sure how it was there or who put it there but it was there.

Totoro is still my favorite Miyazaki film.

2 comments:

Bella Sinclair said...

Knowing this was done in honor of the TFP makes me love it even more. And the bidding starts at......?

Unknown said...

It feels warm and inviting... I love that sky color!