Monday, April 19, 2010

Alice, roughs 1/14

Back in October of last year I began putting together roughs for my next personal project, illustrating Alice in Wonderland. After many weeks and months of sitting on the back burner, Alice has finally come to front.

I've spent some of my free time these last few days taking the completed roughs turning those into color studies. Every day (weekday) for the next couple of weeks I am going to post the next rough/color study in the series. After that we'll move on to the drawings, and finally the paintings. I hope you will enjoy.

I've put together 14 illustrations : 12 chapters illustrations + prologue and epilogue pieces.

So, without further ado, here is the rough and color study for the prologue.

Daisy chains.

Next post, Tuesday. "The Glass Table"

6 comments:

Бистра said...

It looks so promising! I can't wait to see all the pieces! :-)
Your work is brilliant!

atika said...

hey.I have a question!In photoshop how can we prepare RGB colored pics to be print ready ... How can we achieve the same color tuning in CMYK type as the one in GRB ... Id be grateful if ud answer my question it would help alot ! thank you .
Sincerely Csiszer Attila, Transilvania

Anonymous said...

@Attila If you knew you were going to print it choose CMYK if it is going to be put on the internet use RGB. I don't know why you would want it the other way around.

And I'm glad you are putting up the roughs. I can't wait to see this whole series.

Larry MacDougall said...

Gorgeous !

Annie said...

i love this one and the dodo especially the best!

Racesite Pro said...

How do you make this blog look this sick! Email me if you get the chance and share your wisdom. Id be thankful!
온라인경마
경마사이트