Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art Blocks for Ghana 1/3

I've been working on my piece for Art Blocks for Ghana, from The Picture Book Project Foundation.


From their site,
Our mission is to bring continued resources and support to orphaned and underserved children around the world, while extending the talent and good will of the artist community to communities of children in need.
I'm honored to be among the artists they have pulled together for these projects.

Here is the beginning stages of my contribution.

* * *



Two of my biggest influences, side by side. Trina Shart Hyman, John Bauer.

5 comments:

Larry MacDougall said...

John Bauer is a big favourite around here too.
Great piece Cory and thanks for the peek into the sketchbook - never get tired of sketchbooks :)

Will Kelly said...

This looks really cool! It would be fun to draw on a wood block - I should try it.

Have a great Thanksgiving Cory!

Sadami said...

Dear Cory,
How wonderful news and congratulations for your honor of the role! As a picture book illustrator, I'd like to send you my best wishes and cheers, fully.
Go, go, Cory and staff!!!
Kind regards,
Sadami

Ben Hatke said...

Cool project, Cory. You are busy these days.

Kristi said...

awww
i've loved trina since i was a pre-teen. you remind me of her.