Friday, February 18, 2011

old man troll pt.4


Now we're on to the watercolor stage of this old troll. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. As usual I'm torn between the control, general super powers of digital medium and the desire to have a finished painting that I can hold. My goal with these recent new (and future) pieces is to continue to steadily move in the direction I've been pushing the last couple years, that is create to the fullest of my powers an original piece, a piece that's worth keeping around and at the same time push my digital powers. What it looks like practically is this -- a finished drawing, watercolor, digital finish as a study for oil.

So now you know my plans. On to the thing.







Next post, Monday. The finished thing!

1 comment:

Logan Pearsall said...

I gotta tell you man... you're stuff is so inspiring. And your process posts are just great! Keep 'em coming!