Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MENAGERIE: sketchbook 2012

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you might have noticed I've been posting a few peeks at my new 2012 sketchbook, MENAGERIE.

I would describe my last sketchbook, The Hidden People as "natural world creature fantasy." This new book is a whole menagerie of animals and dragons in operatic situations. I think you'll enjoy it.

Here's a look at some of those new drawings:

RENAISSANCE BAIRE ... DO YOU GET IT?

This is not King Richard, sorry.


Tigers are surely the most beautiful animal.

These are all studies in preparation for one of the main drawings for the book. Here's a peek at another one of the roughs. Without a doubt, this is my favorite little drawing I've ever done, heretofore.



* * *

My goal of creating a yearly sketchbook remains on track.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Absolutely cannot wait for your new sketchbook!

A technical question for your books - do you use a print on demand service to actually get the finished project? Or do you go to a local print shop?

I'm thinking of doing my own themed sketchbook this year as well; and had no idea where to start!

Cory Godbey said...

Hi Melissa!

Yes, I've used http://www.diggypod.com/ for the last couple sketchbooks. Very happy with the service! Well recommended.

Unknown said...

The best news I've heard all week! Can't wait to get my copy. Will you be doing sketches in them like in The Hidden People?